Don't buy from Monster Transmission

Don't by any products from Monster Transmission&Performance. I just bought a transmission from them and had it installed. The transmission caught on fire and did not *** into certain gears.

When they got the bad transmission back the said nothing was wrong with. now they refuse to take care of the repair bill. This company screws you of your money and their product are junk.

I highly recommend you stay away from this company and the junk products they supply. Don't waste your money with these clowns.Monster Transmissions&Performance is a joke the people their don't care about there customers or their vehicles .

12a0d012 review #169453
519 125 Helpful?
Had the same issue93 Comments161
Had an experience with Monster Transmission?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
vern

Apr 06 #968501 Puyallup, Washington

I ordered a gasket/seal kit,and transfer case chain from monster. it took monster transmission a week from the time I placed my order to figure out what chain too send me. after 3 weeks of waiting, I received my order. the chain ended up being the wrong chain,so I found the right one locally. monster transmission now wants me to pay for the return shipping,in addition to a 25 percent restocking fee. I regret buying parts from monster transmission, and will never do so again.

Nov 29, 2014 #907884 Hyannis, Massachusetts

I can't wait to buy a 1000 hp kit for my srt8 charger and for all of you who are scared to buy a tranny from them buy the rebuild kit it's the cheapest and best around an then you can have a shop install it an you don't have to worry about damage during shipping or the tranny not working!!!! I've looked everywhere and there kits are the best!

Jim

Nov 13, 2014 #900013 Lakeland, Florida

Well,getting ready to spend 6000 dollars through them.im glad i seen the reviews.i think I will choose someone else.

MN

Jun 02, 2014 #823044

When I ordered my 4l60 I received some other customers 700r4. I finally got the right one but never the correct paperwork. Now I have my 4l60E with some guys 700r4 paperwork. Also, the stall converter is not 2800 as I ordered.

Mark

May 13, 2014 #814704

I have read a lot of negative reviews regarding Monster Transmission, and I feel they are getting a bit of a bad wrap. I just recently dealt with them on parts for my 700R4 conversion on my 56 Chevy. They were great and friendly to deal with and very knowledgeable regarding the parts I would need. I even had a part that I didn't need, so I called them up and they issued me an RMA# and had me send it back with no hassle. I will not hesitate to deal with them again in the future.
Mark

Todzilla

May 08, 2014 #813183

I bought a 3200-3500 stall converter and first launch stalled 5k shifted and the tack never moved major blow by. I have been on the phone with them for months. They will not give me a refund and will only send me another junky converter. I talked to three different girls in two-days. none knew what was going on. I could hear a guy in the background telling them what to say. Amy, Kelly. Cory or cody. What a joke, wasted money.

jerry

Apr 22, 2014 #807829 Ormond Beach, Florida

I bought a tran less than 1000 miles the bans were sitting in the boden of the pan so after $600. To take out and put in plus $200. Shiping and oil $120 once would be fine NOT worth it . Then after 3000 miles and less than two years the truck stoped shifting my macanic drop the pan and it was full of metal chips called monster tean so here we go again 600$ plus. 200. Plus 120 Plus now what ever the bencg cost is any questions call 3862335262

2 1 Reply
Mike

Apr 20, 2014 #807054 Niagara Falls, New York

Wow, I have done business with this company for years. I have had no problems, bought so many transmissions for my shop, and had unending phone consults. The guy who had a fire had a fluid leak on his headers, right? There is no other way to start a fire with a transmission install. I have been rebuilding transmissions for 40 years, getting old, finding it easier on myself to order a better product. I am sure I have built 1500 transmissions in my career,returns happen, wish I could affort a $150,000 transmission dyno. You guys need to grow up, take some responsibility for your own screwups.

4 3 Reply
joe

Apr 12, 2014 #804521 Casselberry, Florida

Monster Transmission is a HUGE JOKE. They talk about how great there product is and how great there HANDSHAKE warranty is. Bought a 700R4 from them that did not work right on the 1st test drive. (I am a ASE master technician for 30 years). They never did take care of it, only one excuse after another. Save you money and buy from a reputable company !!!!!

2 1 Reply
Mr G

Mar 30, 2014 #800336 Pasadena, California

I've built c4, c6, 5r55e, axod, 4l60e, 4l80e, th350, th400 and zf transmissions. What I don't understand is why you have to purchase the ATF fluid from them? Yes certain vehicles "imports for the most part" are very fluid specific and you have to buy ATF from the manufacture but a c4 or a th350? Sounds like a money making strategy to me. If their gonna overcharge me on fluid i can only imagine how far bent over I'd get on a transmission! Go get the local shop to rebuild your existing transmisson for a fraction of the price

0 1 Reply

Jan 16, 2014 #774284

I'm gonna directly call out monster transmissions right now and say their "no finger pointing policy" is utter ***, they immediately blame you if you're not ase certified and refuse to replace the bad transmission they sent you. They seem to have forgotten about the people who work on cars as a hobby who have all the experience needed just without certification. Tired of seeing them lie about that,

3 1 Reply
Dobok

Nov 02, 2013 #736933

I will be looking for someone to rebuild my 4l60e in the near future. After reading these stories I will continue to look at a reputable place to have mine rebuilt. Sorry--too many stories for me to feel comfortable !!!

Boss

Oct 20, 2013 #731144

Wow after reading this postings il newer buy a Monster transmission. Thank you for the information.

Monster Stadd

Oct 18, 2013 #730438

Kells, please give us a call. We work hard to make all of our clients happy. This website doesn't allow the clients to remove what they posted even when we resolve the issue. We have less than a 1% warranty return on our units. We shipped out over 1800 units last year and over 1700 the year before. We do our best to work with all of our clients and make them satisfied. We are on TV and in magazines because we build a great product and stand behind it. I just saw your post or I would have contacted you earlier. 1-800-708-0087 is the best number to reach us on, our good far outweighs the few bad, give us a shot !

kells

Oct 02, 2013 #724348 Cicero, Illinois

Okay I was really looking forward to buying a monster trans. but there seems like there is way too much room for error. This sucks because I finally saved enough dough for the best trans. that matched my horsepower. I guess I'll keep looking around.

OEMTRANS

Jul 23, 2013 #685832 Browns Mills, New Jersey

Never even got my transmission, was told 2 weeks to build and after having to constantly call THEM for updates after 3 weeks I cancelled order. Communication was terrible. I can't comment on quality but from lack of communication i was worried if there was a problem that I'd be chasing them down after I received trans. Bought a new factory trans from the dealer for cheaper price with torque converter same day I cancelled order and had it in a day with a better warranty. I will say they refunded my money promptly when I cancelled.

big hj

Apr 22, 2013 #640346 Melbourne, Victoria County

guys i got a monster trans behind my 750hp big block for 3 years now and i drive it hard and not had any probs with it

Monster Staff

Oct 18, 2013 #730439 Brooksville, Florida

Thank you Big HJ, we really appreciate people like you ! Send us a video or post it on facebook or youtube ! We are a good and honest company who puts a lot of blood,sweat and tears in to our builds. We go above and beyond for our clients. It's nice guys like you that keep us in business. Thank you so much !!!

1 2 Reply
Phil

Mar 27, 2013 #629347

I just recently purchased a 480le for my Suburban, so far no problems. I really hope
it does'nt take a *** on me. I will personally return this Trans myself to these People
via the front window! Probably should have bought from TCI :eek

1 1 Reply
Automan

Feb 19, 2013 #611656 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

My friend bought a turbo 400 From Monster, he got trans and took the pan off to put on a better one and there are metal pieces in the pan laying. It has never been in a car! How can you sell a transmission like that and they say it's good for 600 horsepower. You decide if you want there product.
Sincerely,
40 year experience auto tech

1-20 of 161 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Monster Transmission.
Filing a new complaint about
×