Monster Transmission - Don't buy from Monster Transmission

Jan 29, 2010
review #169453

Don't by any products from Monster Transmission&Performance. I just bought a transmission from them and had it installed. The transmission caught on fire and did not *** into certain gears.

When they got the bad transmission back the said nothing was wrong with. now they refuse to take care of the repair bill. This company screws you of your money and their product are junk.

I highly recommend you stay away from this company and the junk products they supply. Don't waste your money with these clowns.Monster Transmissions&Performance is a joke the people their don't care about there customers or their vehicles .

8a66d87
0.9
Had an experience with Monster Transmission?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
MN

Jun 02

When I ordered my 4l60 I received some other customers 700r4. I finally got the right one but never the correct paperwork. Now I have my 4l60E with some guys 700r4 paperwork. Also, the stall converter is not 2800 as I ordered.

Mark

May 13

I have read a lot of negative reviews regarding Monster Transmission, and I feel they are getting a bit of a bad wrap. I just recently dealt with them on parts for my 700R4 conversion on my 56 Chevy. They were great and friendly to deal with and very knowledgeable regarding the parts I would need. I even had a part that I didn't need, so I called them up and they issued me an RMA# and had me send it back with no hassle. I will not hesitate to deal with them again in the future.
Mark

Todzilla

May 08

I bought a 3200-3500 stall converter and first launch stalled 5k shifted and the tack never moved major blow by. I have been on the phone with them for months. They will not give me a refund and will only send me another junky converter. I talked to three different girls in two-days. none knew what was going on. I could hear a guy in the background telling them what to say. Amy, Kelly. Cory or cody. What a joke, wasted money.

jerry

Apr 22 Ormond Beach, Florida

I bought a tran less than 1000 miles the bans were sitting in the boden of the pan so after $600. To take out and put in plus $200. Shiping and oil $120 once would be fine NOT worth it . Then after 3000 miles and less than two years the truck stoped shifting my macanic drop the pan and it was full of metal chips called monster tean so here we go again 600$ plus. 200. Plus 120 Plus now what ever the bencg cost is any questions call 3862335262

Mike

Apr 20 Niagara Falls, New York

Wow, I have done business with this company for years. I have had no problems, bought so many transmissions for my shop, and had unending phone consults. The guy who had a fire had a fluid leak on his headers, right? There is no other way to start a fire with a transmission install. I have been rebuilding transmissions for 40 years, getting old, finding it easier on myself to order a better product. I am sure I have built 1500 transmissions in my career,returns happen, wish I could affort a $150,000 transmission dyno. You guys need to grow up, take some responsibility for your own screwups.

joe

Apr 12 Casselberry, Florida

Monster Transmission is a HUGE JOKE. They talk about how great there product is and how great there HANDSHAKE warranty is. Bought a 700R4 from them that did not work right on the 1st test drive. (I am a ASE master technician for 30 years). They never did take care of it, only one excuse after another. Save you money and buy from a reputable company !!!!!

Mr G

Mar 30 Pasadena, California

I've built c4, c6, 5r55e, axod, 4l60e, 4l80e, th350, th400 and zf transmissions. What I don't understand is why you have to purchase the ATF fluid from them? Yes certain vehicles "imports for the most part" are very fluid specific and you have to buy ATF from the manufacture but a c4 or a th350? Sounds like a money making strategy to me. If their gonna overcharge me on fluid i can only imagine how far bent over I'd get on a transmission! Go get the local shop to rebuild your existing transmisson for a fraction of the price

Jan 16

I'm gonna directly call out monster transmissions right now and say their "no finger pointing policy" is utter ***, they immediately blame you if you're not ase certified and refuse to replace the bad transmission they sent you. They seem to have forgotten about the people who work on cars as a hobby who have all the experience needed just without certification. Tired of seeing them lie about that,

Dobok

Nov 02, 2013

I will be looking for someone to rebuild my 4l60e in the near future. After reading these stories I will continue to look at a reputable place to have mine rebuilt. Sorry--too many stories for me to feel comfortable !!!

Boss

Oct 20, 2013

Wow after reading this postings il newer buy a Monster transmission. Thank you for the information.

Monster Stadd

Oct 18, 2013

Kells, please give us a call. We work hard to make all of our clients happy. This website doesn't allow the clients to remove what they posted even when we resolve the issue. We have less than a 1% warranty return on our units. We shipped out over 1800 units last year and over 1700 the year before. We do our best to work with all of our clients and make them satisfied. We are on TV and in magazines because we build a great product and stand behind it. I just saw your post or I would have contacted you earlier. 1-800-708-0087 is the best number to reach us on, our good far outweighs the few bad, give us a shot !

kells

Oct 02, 2013 Cicero, Illinois

Okay I was really looking forward to buying a monster trans. but there seems like there is way too much room for error. This sucks because I finally saved enough dough for the best trans. that matched my horsepower. I guess I'll keep looking around.

OEMTRANS

Jul 23, 2013 Browns Mills, New Jersey

Never even got my transmission, was told 2 weeks to build and after having to constantly call THEM for updates after 3 weeks I cancelled order. Communication was terrible. I can't comment on quality but from lack of communication i was worried if there was a problem that I'd be chasing them down after I received trans. Bought a new factory trans from the dealer for cheaper price with torque converter same day I cancelled order and had it in a day with a better warranty. I will say they refunded my money promptly when I cancelled.

Monster Staff

Oct 18, 2013 Brooksville, Florida

Thank you Big HJ, we really appreciate people like you ! Send us a video or post it on facebook or youtube ! We are a good and honest company who puts a lot of blood,sweat and tears in to our builds. We go above and beyond for our clients. It's nice guys like you that keep us in business. Thank you so much !!!

Phil

Mar 27, 2013

I just recently purchased a 480le for my Suburban, so far no problems. I really hope
it does'nt take a *** on me. I will personally return this Trans myself to these People
via the front window! Probably should have bought from TCI :eek

Automan

Feb 19, 2013 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

My friend bought a turbo 400 From Monster, he got trans and took the pan off to put on a better one and there are metal pieces in the pan laying. It has never been in a car! How can you sell a transmission like that and they say it's good for 600 horsepower. You decide if you want there product.
Sincerely,
40 year experience auto tech

Hytcrdnk

Jan 25, 2013 Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Sorry for the woes ya'll are posting about your transmissions, but I have to say I put a E4OD in a 4x4 powered by the Powerstroke and I have nothing but praise for their quality and service. I pulled mini excavators with it and pounded the heck out of her with a performance chip and in the end it's still a great product. I find it sad that some folks find these message boards and blast companies when its quite possible the issues they are face with could in fact be of their own making.

Golddigger

Jan 22, 2013

Got a 4l80E with torque converter at 60k from Monster. Just sent it back with 42k miles on it and the reverse band seems to be gone already. First thing they wanted me to get the shops ASE certificate, its faxed. I have the 3 yr, unlimited milage warr. The warranty agent said i would have to pay shipping, i said i have the warranty in hand and states free shipping on first time basis. So now they sent a truck to pickup and take back to Monster. I had to take it in to shop to get a report, 300 $ later they said the reverse bands are bad. Thats the first 300 and i faxed it to them to recover that cost. How about the cost to put in again $ 365. plus the fluids again? How about the two weeks without a car and i had to secure a rental for 285 $ for two weeks while it goes back and forth... omg... what a nightmare... I will keep all informed as how this goes....

1-20 of 157 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Monster Transmission.
Filing a new complaint about
×