82 views
Verified Reviewer

Featured

I watch a lot of Motor Trend TV - particular show discussed Monster In a Box. - warranty . Bullet proof, etc. etc. I was in the process of retro fitting a 455 BB Buick into my 1955 Buick Roadmaster- yada yada yada - I needed/wanted a new 4 speed transmission - wasnt sure if I wanted a 200 or 700r4. Called Monster - Lou - nice guy - went through my specs - tells me - you need a custom transmission based on BB configuration- so I said fine - $3,200 later its ordered - Monster in a box is on its way - nickname of tranny is Kristi - going to be painted black. Feeling good. 1 month later I call back to see where is Kristi? Big Lou tells me its going to quality control - awesome- sounds like its done. I wont bore you with every call - but 3 1/2+ months later - Lou not there anymore- Its being delivered Monday- week later still not there - Eventually I get my monster in box.

Great looking box - transmission looks great - the fact they have lied through their Fing teeth every phone call- Im over it - lets move on.

Folks. The transmission lasted less than 400 miles. Couldnt get it to shift into OD.

Pretty sure torque converter is garbage as well.

It ended with a puddle of transmission fluid on my driveway.

Did they really bolt this transmission and run it before shipping as Gas Monkey guy claims in their advertising???

Warranty = you actually get screwed more for their incompetence.

Send us back the POS you waited 31/2 months for - shipping is on your dime - not ours. $358 from PA to Florida.

This is after I had to send videos and pay a local transmission guy to diagnose (he respectively had a smile on his face - rightful so).

Monsters fix = We are going to rebuild transmission for you.

Youll wait no longer than 2 weeks we promise.

Oh - if your transmission guy touches transmission like drop pan to actually see what's going on - no warranty.

Warranty = labor coverage of $600 actually only covers if the transmission doesn't need to come out and back to Monster. So if they really *** your build- it costs you labor in addition to shipping. Nice.

Customer service- pretty sure it is an outside company that monster has hired to get you to give up. Phones and emails do not include monster anywhere in them. After 3 months and 3 reps with - in my view - unsatisfactory answers - I asked to speak with the manager. I was told mangers do not have an open line to customers . I own several businesses- how or when is that ever even an option???

I was told that rep would send management a email stating I wanted a call and that response from management would be most likely weeks away. Is that a company you would do business with???

I have never taken the time to torpedo a company with a review- just not who I am. But this has to be the worst transaction/ business interaction I have ever had in my 46 years.

Monster transmission is awful - they sell convenience- you receive garbage.

I am a small business owner who should have hired a local shop to do the work - I own that.

If you're thinking about buying from Monster- don't. Take my valuable time and my money and hire a reputable local shop.

User's recommendation: DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF USING MONSTER.

Product or Service Mentioned: General Motors 700r4 Transmission.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Monster Transmission Pros: Great advertising.

Monster Transmission Cons: Rip off customers, Poor customer service, Warranty is worthless, Are not honest about expectations.

Location: 17109 Old Ayers Road, Brooksville, FL 34604