I originally bought a 4L60e HD package [$1400 + $200 (tc) + $150 (fluid)]. I told them exactly what I had: lifted 4x4 Yukon with headers, intake, cam, & tune. Josh Mercado was my salesman. I installed this 12/2011. I broke this transmission in less than 4 months (3 year warrantee); I drove home in reverse.
They honored their warrantee; paid $361.50 to ship it back. Steve provided the inspection results “burnt clutch debri in pan & alumn piston broke - stuck over-run clutches on”. Since this one broke and I did not want to replace this ever again I asked them to rebuild it with the SS package which is claimed to support 650+ HP. Before making the purchase I specifically asked them on several phone calls if this newly upgraded transmission came with a new SS warrantee. The answer was yes but it only 30 days; I payed $660.50 (upgrade + new tc + fluid + shipping).
WARNING: The warranty displayed on their website it not the REAL warrantee; not all builds get the same one either.
I receive the new SS 4L60e on 4/9/12, installed it the next weekend. I broke the output shaft in a 3-4 upshift while merging on to the Florida Turnpike in 20 days. After a 2+ week run around from Josh Mercado impersonating various voices, I learned that the invoice that was sent to me did not have the warrantee box checked which meant I had none.
TOTAL SPENT: $2772
What should you do?
- Read jakesperformance.com & phoenixtrans.com; monster’s only upgrades soft parts. These guys upgrade hard parts to get the power number that monster claims.
- Don’t waste money on 4L60e; Buy a 4L80e.
- If you do buy one of these transmissions; keep your shifts nice and soft; don’t get eat my shifts!
What did I do? I bought a Jake's Stage 4 Transmission with a Billet Torque Converter ($4000+). Jake is an honest guy; he know’s how to do the work himself and is not afraid to make his own parts when the market doesn’t sell a quality part and he will talk to you.
TOTAL SPENT: $6772 (I did all the work on my back in the driveway)
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Auto Transmission
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I am the owner of Micks Customs and ive been a Hardknock dealer since 2006. Kelly has ripped me and my customers off many times. Ive even defended him right..."
- "I bought 4 new Falken tires from Discount Tire company on Sept. 10 a month ago , a month and half later , with two thousand miles on the..."
- "Well guys and girls got my 2800-3200 stall from monster today was happy to drop it off at transmission shop to have put it .well about to hours later he..."
- "Every time we use our Brand New RV, about 30 minutes into the trip both mirror cameras start to get foggy but Rear Camera is clear. Cleaned lenses with..."
- "ORDERED WHITE STONE TABLES AS PICTURED ON THEIR SITE. FIRST AND FOREMOST THEIR DELIVERY SERVICE IN MY AREA REALLY SUCKS. A DELIVERY COMPANY THAT ONLY AT BEST IS IN MY..."
- "Special custom order two Betsy model Power Wallsaver Recliners, Color: Crimson. Fabric is sort of a thin microsuede, polyester. Were delivered in about 3 weeks (6/16/15). Several days ago, noticed..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."
- "Tracy Drott Agency Owner 210.319.7218 12540 Bandera Rd. #209 Helotes, TX 78024 My name is Hung Tran. I purchased Allstate auto insurance policy thru Tracy Drott, an agency owner located at 12540 Bandera Rd. Ste...."