1.7
Equipment Quality
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time
Usability

Purchased the 4r100 4wd Diesel trans, with billet converter and forward drum including their fluid and cooler.

It showed up and was disappointed from the start.....it had been painted red as I requested but they did not clean it prior.

I open the pan to inspect my 5k purchase and the pan in full of sludge, friction material, and cotter pins. Yes cotter pins in the pan!

Called and e-mailed them before I installed it and it took days to get a response. Their answer was that’s normal and the cotter pins did not harm anything (the day it showed up I left the state for a few weeks)

I put the pan back on and torqued it down and it had 8 stripped bolt holes...and I had to shoot helicoils in my brand new trans!

Once I get it installed it would not go into 2nd....I called only for advice and was told sorry we can’t help you.

Took to two trans shops in town, both laughed when I said it was a monster trans.....both in the end said it needs to be pulled and rebuilt!

Thanks Monster Transmission for taking care of a disabled vet and fleecing me of 5k....now I am driving 1k miles to my new job on a peg leg junk trans!

Never buy a monster trans!

Product or Service Mentioned: 4R100 Transmission.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 07.

Comments

You referred to the thing as "brand new trans" .. Q.

: Is it actually brand new " Rebuilt " ? Used ? Guess I'm not quite catching on since I'm confused about that.

Regardless, they owe you something that is fit for purpose when you paid ; that or a refund. I can't figure how a cotter pin entered a transmission ...

Was it full of fluid or had they just squirted a few drops down the filler tube? Once they get your money-you are on your own Cuz.