Castlegar, British Columbia
1.8

I purchased a Monster 700r4 last year. Paid the extra money for the "Mega Monster" to back the 383 in my 70 Monte Carlo. I also paid the extra money for the constant pressure valve body modification to ( in my hope) eliminate any potential issues of transmission malfunction or failure. Transmission arrived, I installed it, adjusted TV cable, tested in garage. Alright, lets go for a test drive... shifting great, happy so far. 30 Miles later, oh great.... here it is starting to slip, getting worse and worse.... Limp it home, check fluid , burnt! After 30 miles, great.... OK Send it back to Monster for a warranty rebuild.

Not even a day and a major failure, call them up, sure we will honour your warranty but you will have to pay $500 USD for round trip shipping! Ouch, So contact BBB after a lot of discussion back and fourth. Got into an agreement to cover half the shipping.

Transmission gets sent back, "rebuilt" and eventually sent back to me. Re-install transmission, and this time I got 3 weeks of driving before it again failed on me....... "What now" I asked. Called them about the issue, always said they would call back. Never do, unless I call them. Faced with having to spend another $500 to get this POS fixed, I gave up and tossed it into a recycle bin.

But not before tearing it apart to see what had occurred. Problem #1 on 2 valve body bolts were actually tight, other ones were all finger tight allowing pressure loss. Problem #2 random bolts lying in bottom of pan??? Problem #3 Terrible crimp on the butt connector they used for lock up torque converter, I touched it, wiring came apart, didn't pursue it any further, tossed it in the metal bin and bought a transmission from a local company that has been working better than I could have ever imagined.

Give your hard earned money to either a local reputable transmission company or another nationally recognized company and steer clear of these guys. It is my goal to make sure anyone acquainted with me never gives the $$$ to this company. They seem so nice, but not all is what it seems......

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to "send it back (still have it) not pay shipping and have a proper rebuild this time!" as the author lost $1900. The author is overall dissatisfied with Monster Transmission. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Jegs Performance Parts that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Monster Transmission.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Equipment category for more informed decision or compare Monster Transmission to other companies on our site.

Comments

exactly.i had valve body wires that were crimp connected together THAT WERE EXPOSED TO ATF!

they fried my ecm, and wont admit to it...lousy *** company.