Creston, Iowa

I placed a new 427 street rod small block in a 55 Chevy. Wanted to make sure I had a reliable heavy duty transmission.

Unfortunately the Monster 700R4. SS Extreme rated for 1,000 hp couldn't make it 200 miles. Don't waste your time or money with these guys. All talk and sounds good, but when I called for warranty things changed in a hurry.

Customer service was great when it came to making the sale, but when there was a problem I was on my own. I would spend your money locally with someone who has a reputation for taking care of the customer after the sale.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Monster Transmission. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $4200 and wants Monster Transmission to "repair or pay to have repaired".

The most disappointing in user's experience was warranty, customer service, quality of parts and quality. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Jegs High Performance. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Monster Transmission and monster transmission customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Brooksville, Florida, United States #1021511

Most companies would turn a blind eye when people complain online. Not Monster Transmission, we do our best to research and respond to every post we come across.

What always happens is both sides of the story are never posted. No one mentions that we always offer some type of resolution. We are a company and have to go by our policies, terms and conditions. We bend the rules from time to time to help clients.

If this is Mike Tamerius, i have found your order. You bought a transmission from us and received it in January of this year. Your receipt states that you have a 30 day warranty. You called in 7 months later, being 6 months out of the warranty.

We took your calls and called you back. Even though you were well out of the warranty, we offered to warranty the unit under the conditions of said warranty. You refused that help. We then offered to give you a huge discount on parts to get it repaired, since you stated you could get it built for less than the bench fee required on our warranty.

You refused that help as well. When the warranty person asked what would make you happy, you said that you didnt know and would call back. That was 8 days ago and now you posted on a site dedicated to bashing people, expecting different results? Here is the proof of us trying to help you and we called, plus emailed you as well.

Daniel - 8/11/2015 5:19:01 PM

Comment: Client said that he disconnected the cooler lines and ran the transmission.

He said that there is no transmission fluid flowing through the transmission so he feels that the transmission pump is shot. I advised the client that, under the warranty, he can ship the transmission back to MT and pay the bench fee. Client was not happy with that proposed resolution. He said that he can have it repaired locally for half that cost.

I advised him that we can offer a discount on the cost of parts required to fix it and he didn't seem keen on that idea. I asked him what would make him happy in this scenario and he didn't know. Client said that he will contact me back with any further questions.

Daniel - 8/11/2015 4:24:01 PM

Comment: Called client back on a missed call. No answer.

Left message.

Daniel - 8/11/2015 9:41:58 AM Comment: Called client per email from CM. No answer. Left message.

We will still stand behind our product and help you, let us help you. Call our Director of Client Relations, Josh Mercado, 1-800-708-0087 X 4489 and he would be happy to help you out!

Brooksville, Florida, United States #1021488

We are sorry you are having a problem, we would love to help you if only you would put your real name on here instead of anonymous!