I purchased a torque converted from Monster Transmission with a 3 year warranty.Installed it and it worked great for a 6 months to a year.
My car was suppose to stall around 2800-3300 and one day it began to slip. My car begin stalling between 4000-4500 and it just got worst. I called and talked to a number of people and they all said the same thing.. It was the governor, some dirt had gotten on it or something.
In addition to that they told me that my transmission was the problem not knowing that I had already take my car to the guy that built me a ridiculous tranny and builds all of the trannies for racer in my area. I told them it was fine and everyone verified that it was the torque converter. So I asked the guy what I needed to do to get it replaced. Told me he would call me back and let me know..
It took him 2 months to call me back only after I called him back and asked for him by name. Then he advised me to send it in and they would look at it or test it to determine what the problem was. So I asked how long it would take and he told me 90 days.. I wasn't about to allow my transmission to sit out for 90 days.
So I purchased a PTC torque converted. Now upon receipt of my new torque converter I noticed that the insides were very tight and it was very heavy the MT torque converter was feather light and the guts were very lose. I also noticed that the welds were crappy and the overall the quality was very low.. I will never purchase from them again.
By the way I still have a year left on on the warranty.. It's not even worth my time to send it back..
Lesson learned!!They do have a cool logo and stickers..
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Torque Converter
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We bought 4 BendPak auto lifts. The city demanded we get a permit for them. The inspector from the L.A. Dept. of Bldg. and Safety refused to issue..."
- "My husband has had this HORRIBLE device for 8 months now in his truck. It has caused problems almost the whole time it's been installed.He has a 2013 Ram Quad..."
- "Well guys and girls got my 2800-3200 stall from monster today was happy to drop it off at transmission shop to have put it .well about to hours later he..."
- "My healthy 1 year old Bengal had escaped outdoors, and had twelve hours of diarrhea. I wasn't concerned, but my aunt called to see when we should be, if it..."
- "I have had the Premium In-Home Plumbing Repair contract with Dominion Products and Services for the past several years. The reason I selected the premium service over the standard was..."
- "Since I purchased my home 8 years ago, I have yet to come outside my front door without noticing plastic bags, paper, plastic bottles, and debris from the 7-Eleven store..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."
- "I bought a primo bottom loader water cooler it also Wiil give u hot water for tea etc. I had it for 6. Months and both functions failed. ..."
- "Dont fool with this company omg from 2009 to 2016 the warranty is a scam and there pillow top is a flat top in two months dont waste your time..."