Monster Transmission

I purchased a torque converted from Monster Transmission with a 3 year warranty.Installed it and it worked great for a 6 months to a year.

My car was suppose to stall around 2800-3300 and one day it began to slip. My car begin stalling between 4000-4500 and it just got worst. I called and talked to a number of people and they all said the same thing.. It was the governor, some dirt had gotten on it or something.

In addition to that they told me that my transmission was the problem not knowing that I had already take my car to the guy that built me a ridiculous tranny and builds all of the trannies for racer in my area. I told them it was fine and everyone verified that it was the torque converter. So I asked the guy what I needed to do to get it replaced. Told me he would call me back and let me know..

It took him 2 months to call me back only after I called him back and asked for him by name. Then he advised me to send it in and they would look at it or test it to determine what the problem was. So I asked how long it would take and he told me 90 days.. I wasn't about to allow my transmission to sit out for 90 days.

So I purchased a PTC torque converted. Now upon receipt of my new torque converter I noticed that the insides were very tight and it was very heavy the MT torque converter was feather light and the guts were very lose. I also noticed that the welds were crappy and the overall the quality was very low.. I will never purchase from them again.

By the way I still have a year left on on the warranty.. It's not even worth my time to send it back..

Lesson learned!!They do have a cool logo and stickers..

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Sep 04, 2012 #537959

. Written by Robert94518 on August 25, 2012 from concord, california, US

On August 20th 2012 Louis(with Monster Transmission) and I came to an agreement that satisfies both myself and Monster Transmission regarding the issues that I had with my transmission.

Thank you Louis for your help.

Aug 07, 2012 #525473

The so called president of this company is 30 years old. No wounder they treat their customers like ***.

Trans Fan

May 27 #1165625

What does the age of the president have to do with anything?

Color me suprised

Aug 06, 2012 #525133

That's all that Monster does is sell ***, And Josh will pretend to be on your side and then he will throw you under the bus. Warning to anyone, do Not buy anything from this company. You Will get screwed.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Monster Transmission. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Monster Transmission.
Filing a new complaint about