I purchased a torque converted from Monster Transmission with a 3 year warranty.Installed it and it worked great for a 6 months to a year.
My car was suppose to stall around 2800-3300 and one day it began to slip. My car begin stalling between 4000-4500 and it just got worst. I called and talked to a number of people and they all said the same thing.. It was the governor, some dirt had gotten on it or something.
In addition to that they told me that my transmission was the problem not knowing that I had already take my car to the guy that built me a ridiculous tranny and builds all of the trannies for racer in my area. I told them it was fine and everyone verified that it was the torque converter. So I asked the guy what I needed to do to get it replaced. Told me he would call me back and let me know..
It took him 2 months to call me back only after I called him back and asked for him by name. Then he advised me to send it in and they would look at it or test it to determine what the problem was. So I asked how long it would take and he told me 90 days.. I wasn't about to allow my transmission to sit out for 90 days.
So I purchased a PTC torque converted. Now upon receipt of my new torque converter I noticed that the insides were very tight and it was very heavy the MT torque converter was feather light and the guts were very lose. I also noticed that the welds were crappy and the overall the quality was very low.. I will never purchase from them again.
By the way I still have a year left on on the warranty.. It's not even worth my time to send it back..
Lesson learned!!They do have a cool logo and stickers..
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Torque Converter
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Want everyone to know that I am very unhappy with the quality of Monster Transmissions. The first one never made it home from the transmission shop, failed on the highway..."
- "When they built my 4l60e transmission they never put in the gear on the tail shaft for the speed sensor which resulted in the vehicle not being able to shift..."
- "I took the unit apart. Came in a small aluminum container. The 'chip' and the PC board it was on were a joke. Pure scam. The circuit is nonsense. Not..."
- "proof is everything.. NANCY TAYLOR IS A DISTURBED INDIVIDUAL WHO IS HIDING BEHIND A SMALL CLEANING BUSINESS .... FROM CONFLICTING STATEMENTS IN HER BUSINESS CHARTER TO FALSE & CONFLICTING STATEMENTS..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "I had booked my travel from Mumbai to London via Abu Dhabi via Etihad Airways and have had the most horrible and horrid experience I have had in my lifetime..."
- "I have had the Premium In-Home Plumbing Repair contract with Dominion Products and Services for the past several years. The reason I selected the premium service over the standard was..."
- "I will make this short. Stafford branch. i wanted a certain haircut (see photo of model) and they offered me to have it layered. so i went to another..."
- "I recently sold my Goyard St. Louis tote on Poshmark. But Poshmark cancelled the sale and deleted my account saying the bag is not real. They even charged me 20..."