1.6
Turnaround Time

Earlier this year, I ordered a 700R4 for my K1500.Got it after the time period they said to expect it in, and since I was in a gnarly motorcycle crash before I got it, I had a professional shop install it and clean out the trans cooler system.

Their test drive went ok, as did mine, but as soon as I took it up a hill (while doing 55 in a 70 and not pushing it at all) it overheated and caught my truck on fire by puking more than a gallon of transmission fluid up and out of the dipstick tube and onto my exhaust manifold. Fluid levels were exactly right beforehand according to the dipstick that I ordered through them, and even if it was the wrong dipstick there's no way it could be more than a gallon off. I have played phone tag with them for a few weeks now and just finally was able to get an answer from them about this. Basically, despite their 'great' warranty program, I have to throw another 450 at them to have it shipped back to them and if they find a build problem, they'll fix it and reimburse me.

But according to every single review I've read of similar problems, there's no way in *** I'd get the money back because this company is unbelievably crooked. AVOID AT ALL COST. I dropped nearly $1500 on them for the excellent experience of watching my truck catch on fire, and that's about it.

Right after catching on fire and before being able to pull over, I heard loud banging and clunking from the trans meaning that something else broke inside, which of course they would want to bill me for.Do your research before wasting your money on this terrible service.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of transmission from Monster Transmission. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1500 and wants Monster Transmission to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was quality, warranty and price. Author liked the most were very quick in taking money. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Monster Transmission for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Monster Transmission?

Comments

Clearwater, Florida, United States #1238175

They dont test all of their units, just watch the testing camera and get an average.Then call in to see what their back order is.

It wont match up. They lie to you about lead times so you will order anyways and then wait two months. They have inexperienced kids learning on how to build, at your expense! They have a F rating with the BBB and are rude to anyone who posts against them.

Charge back your credit card and post on their Facebook, Instagram and Youtube accounts.

The owner buys new cars with your money and throws parties.DO NOT BUY FROM MONSTER TRANSMISSION!!!!!

Monster_Transmission
Brooksville, Florida, United States #1223612
Monster Transmission Verified Representative

We are very sorry that you experienced an issue with your transmission.There are a number of factors that can contribute to the issues that you have experienced.

Nevertheless, we are here to help and are dedicated to helping you get back on the road.

Posting on a website dedicated to "Pissed Consumers" is only an effort to damage a company and not to come to a mutually acceptable resolution to your issue. We have been here to help and we continue to be here to help.

Again, we are sorry that you have experienced an issue with the transmission and, if you would like to resolve the issue, please feel free to contact us at 800-708-0087 ext 334.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you again soon.

to Monster_Transmission Laurel, Montana, United States #1224114

I have already called, many times.My only option according to your staff is to throw you another $450 in shipping that will only be refunded if you feel like it (and according to many, many reviews out there that will hardly ever happen), or to swallow my loss and deal with it.

I would love a solution, but I absolutely refuse to gamble another few hundred dollars on a company that has already taken so much from me.No offense, but I'm not playing these games.

Maliwal