1.9
Turnaround Time

I purchased a Monster Transmission and installation was performed by a professional transmission shop.I drove it from Michigan to butler county PA.

On my returned trip to Michigan the transmission lost overdrive and 3rd gear. I incurred an over night stay, tow bill and had to rent a car to get home. Monster Transmission offered me a white glove warranty that at the time of purchase is $450 for $400. I have to pay round trip shipping from Ohio to Florida $385 they said if there is no evident of pour workmanship from installation or abuse they will 100% cover the repairs (we all know how that is going to turn out) So The White Glove Warranty is worth $1000 minus $400 that leaves $600 after the unit is rebuilt the other charges will be $365 so now there is $235 left to put towards a $1200 bill for removal and re-installation.

That puts me $965 in hole plus the overnight stay,tow fees and rental car to get home another $750. So I pay them $3,300 for a defective trans plus $2,100 to get it back to a running vehicle with a no better warranty or guarantee that it will not fail in another 1000 miles. I would stay clear of Monster Transmission 100% dissatisfied with products, personal and service. If their products and service is so good why would they offer a second warranty that really dose nothing for the the customer but take his money.

You are 100% responsible for their product.

Their claim to fame is that they built products for gas monkey garage well I SAY DON'T GET YOU SOME OF THAT!!!!!!!Disappointed and Stranded in Ohio Dave Fisher

Review about: General Motors 4l60e Transmission.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Monster Transmission?

Comments

Monster_Transmission
Brooksville, Florida, United States #1332867
Monster Transmission Verified Representative

We are very sorry that you were displeased with the service that you received from Monster Transmission.We endeavor to provide the highest quality products and service to each and every one of our clients.

You were no exception to that. We offered, as a courtesy to you beyond the point of sale, the option to purchase our White Glove Warranty upgrade (for less than the price at time of purchase) to provide you with $1000 worth of coverage towards shipping, fluid, and labor. That is $400 for $1000 worth of coverage. We did this in an effort to go well and beyond the terms of our warranty and far and above what any other company would offer.

We regret that you do not feel the same way.

As we stand by our product, we continue to offer this to you as an option.

We appreciate that you, and the reader(s), understand that there are always two or more sides to every story and for providing us a venue in which to share ours.